Sunday, May 1, 2011

What's Cookin' This Week (May 2 - 8, 2011)?




The job starts on Monday.  I'm very excited!  As I move further along in the new role, I'll share more here.  But for now, I can tell you that it was my personal decision (and preference) to re-enter the workforce.  The job has nothing to do with food or cooking but I think it will give me several creative outlets and be a lot of fun too!  :-) 


I've done a lot of kitchen prepwork over the past few weeks to prepare for the new transition so I think (hope) it will go smoothly.  However, this week I'm keeping my meals easy and mostly light.  I will try out a new sandwich recipe and a new one-dish skillet pasta.  Over the weekend, I will experiment with a new breakfast meal and a crepes recipe with sausage too.  I'm going to only attempt one dessert this week.  The rest will be family stand-by's and favorites of ours. 


Here's what I have lined up: 

Monday, May 2 - Mediterranean Chicken Sandwiches with leftover Cauliflower Fritters from my freezer

Tuesday, May 3 - Cheeseburger Skillet Pasta with a side salad

Wednesday, May 4 - Leftovers or Eat Out with Friends

Thursday, May 5 - Tomato Basil Soup and Grilled Cheese Sandwiches

Friday, May 6 - Barbecue Chicken and Ranch Pizza

Saturday, May 7 -  Breakfast: Makeover Hashbrown Casserole, scrambled eggs
Dinner: Sausage Crepes with homemade Caesar salad

Sunday, May 8 - Mother's Day Brunch - Eat Out. 
Dinner: Eat from freezer - Sausage and black bean soup



AND  I hope to make just this one dessert - Peanut Butter Pretzel Torte - to celebrate my first week at work!  :-)


I will be sharing a delicious grilled shrimp recipe along with a scrumptious cauliflower side dish recipe too.  Come back and visit me soon for that! 


What's on your meal plan this week?  Do you have any special plans or food that you'll be eating for Mother's Day!? 

I hope you have a wonderful week!

2 comments:

  1. Best of luck starting up on Monday! Looking forward to seeing your tomato basil soup and grilled cheese recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your week is "uneventful" and fun. You're going to do great! So glad you are excited! I enjoy working at the bakery part time. I can't believe it's almost a year since I've been there!

    ReplyDelete