Monday, February 7, 2011

Morning After Smoothie

Whew, my stomach is still aching from all the foods I ate on Sunday for my non-Superbowl party!  We stuffed ourselves with chips and dip, grilled steak and chicken and more.  I'm not even in the mood to look at things to eat this morning.  So I thought I'd share my "Morning After Smoothie" recipe.  This is great when you may have eaten too much the day before or if you drank too much too (and perhaps have a headache). 


And forgive me for mentioning this too but I can't help it..... if you're also having trouble with digestion or going to the bathroom, then this recipe is good for that too.  Every time I drink a smoothie like this one, I'm making a trip to the "potty" and feeling a lot lighter real soon.  :-)   :-)


So enjoy this drink today for whatever reasons you have.  Or simply because it's easy and tasty!





Mandy's Morning After Smoothie

(Serves 2,  or makes about 32-40 oz)

2 ripe bananas, peeled
1 and 1/2 cups of berries of your choice, rinsed (I used blueberries I had in the freezer)
1 cup of crushed ice
3/4 cup of reduced fat milk OR Greek plain yogurt (I used vanilla flavored Greek yogurt this time!)
3 tbsp honey (or sugar or agave nectar)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract


Place all ingredients in a blender.  Mix until smooth.  Add water or milk if needed until you have your desired thickness level.  Pour into two glasses.  Serve. 


I will often make my smoothie the night before and leave it in the fridge.  Therefore, I can just wake up and grab it in the morning. 




When you overeat or have a tummy ache, what do you do?  What are the foods and/or drinks that make you feel better again?

2 comments:

  1. mmmm, yum! We drink something similar all the time, and add protein powder-strawberry flavor for a little extra boost! anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always love a good smoothie recipe. This is called detox :-)

    ReplyDelete