Sunday, February 13, 2011

What's Cookin' This Week (Feb 14 - 20, 2011)?





This week will be an easy one as far as meal planning goes.  I will be out of town in a few days so the cooking will be on someone else - hooray!  


Therefore, I will keep things simple and only try one new meal and two new snacks.  However, I'll still be posting great, new recipes for you to enjoy along with a hilarious learning tip too!   Here's how the calendar will go:



Monday, Feb. 14 - Valentine's Day: We're having takeout and eating dinner at home- either sushi or Greek food.  I will, however make my husband's favorite dessert for him - banana toffee squares (Recipe is in my cookbook).


Tuesday, Feb. 15
- My Homemade Slow Cooker Chili



Wednesday, Feb. 16
- Greek Chicken Gyros and Quinoa Salad - This is very NEW for me.  I've never cooked with quinoa or make my own tzatziki sauce before! 


Thursday, Feb. 17
- Traveling - will eat out


Friday, Feb. 18
- Family Dinner Outing


Saturday, Feb. 19
- Traveling - will eat out


Sunday, Feb. 20
- Traveling - will eat out


Monday, Feb. 21
- Eat from freezer - Unstuffed Peppers Casserole (Recipe is from my cookbook)


AND


Here are the snacks that I will make before we do some traveling:



(1) Cranberry Oatmeal Bars - These look yummy.  Best of all, I have all the ingredients on hand!



(2) Dirt Cupcakes - I'm making these for a group of kids - for a playdate that I'm hosting on Wednesday

(3) No-Bake Granola Bars - If I have time I will make a new batch of these to bring with us while we travel over the weekend! 


Everyone have a wonderful week!  I am going to enjoy my time away from the kitchen and the opportunity to read for hours in the car!


1 comment:

  1. Hey Mandy! New decor, I'm liking it! Let me know what you think of the quinoa, it is such a great nutritious grain packed with protein and calcium. I really should eat it more...

    Have safe travels - anywhere fun? Puppy was short-lived, unfortunately. She was such a good little thing but I ended up being allergic so I found her a family that had a big yard, another dog to play with and kids so definitely better for her, but still so sad!

    ReplyDelete