Thursday, December 16, 2010

Extract Obsession (a poem)




Lemon, almond, peppermint too
I'd like to extract them all for you.

Vanilla, orange and a cinnamon stick
Just half a teaspoon does the trick!

Inside cookies, cakes and pies
They create magic before your eyes.

A little goes a long way
I use one nearly every day.

The flavors they create make my mouth water.
I open each one and sniff them with my daughter.

Extracts also make your home smell clean
Combine them with baking soda and the vacuum machine.

Although the word "extract" sounds like an 80's rock song
Or perhaps a visit to the urologist doctor gone wrong

Yet in the kitchen these oils are king!
They taste great and go in almost anything!


--------------------------------------------------

If you have a certain food item that you'd like to request I write a poem about, just send me a message to learn.laugh.cook@gmail.com - I'll whisk up a few lines for you faster than I scramble breakfast eggs!


What's your favorite extract?  Right now, I'd say almond and peppermint are tied favorites for me.  I love to add almond to my cookies and cakes.  However, I used peppermint extract last week to vacuum my carpets and make my whole house smell minty fresh!  :-)

1 comment:

  1. I love vanilla flavoring but I'm going to try the mint for the carpet freshner. Thanks for the idea!!! I love it.

    ReplyDelete