Sunday, December 26, 2010

What's Cookin' This Week (Dec 27-Jan 2)?




I hope you all had a fabulous Christmas!   Are you still full from all the overeating you did (like me!)?


Here is my meal plan for the upcoming week.  I'm trying to keep it light and simple after the past three days of non-stop stuffing my mouth!  I will use up most of the leftover holiday ham I have for tomorrow's pizza.  We will also be having sandwiches and an egg dish this week.  I will try to throw in as many veggies as I can to stretch and strengthen the meals.


Just like I talk about in my cookbook, adding vegetables in your diet fills you up and helps the meal last longer!  Coming up this week I'll share my husband's absolute favorite recipe that I make, an update on the battle with my breadmaker and some funny food quotes that will jumpstart the new year!  Stay tuned for lots of fun and laughs!


Monday, Dec. 27
- Ham and Pineapple Pizza (using leftover holiday ham that I have). 
Note: I'm going to sneak some pureed carrots in the pizza sauce and also some pureed spinach on the pizza too!


Tuesday, Dec. 28
- Take 1 pound of ground turkey out of freezer to make two items: (1) Turkey burgers for Kirk and me (recipe is from my cookbook) and also make (2) a Spaghetti pie for Vivian .  Freeze most for later! 
Note:  I place pureed broccoli in my turkey burgers and also in my spaghetti with meatballs!


Wednesday, Dec. 29
- Skinny Crab Quiche - I'm excited to try this! 
Note: I'm going to use pureed spinach in the place of zucchini!

Thursday, Dec. 30 - Leftovers or Eat out


Friday, Dec. 31 - Hot dogs with sweet red pepper relish (recipe is from my cookbook).  Also my homemade chili from freezer
Note: I use the all natural, lighter hot dogs and sweeten the taste with my own homemade relish!  The chili I make has a ton of veggies in it! 

Saturday, Jan. 1 - Grilled steaks and barbecue sausage, lightened up potatoes au gratin, side green salad. Note: We don't do the traditional cabbage and black eyed peas in our house!


Sunday, Jan. 2 - Unstuffed Peppers Casserole, recipe is from my cookbook


-----------------------------------

Desserts and Snacks I hope to make this week:

Since we ate a lot of fattening junk around Christmas, I'm looking for lighter recipes this week.  Therefore, I may try these recipes below and I will look for ways to make them even healthier -

Oatmeal Crisps


Blueberry Ricotta Pancakes


Chocolate Chip Blondies



What's on your meal plan this week?  Do you have a lot of holiday leftovers?  Next week I'll discuss some ways that you can skinny up your recipes in the New Year and offer suggestions on how you can eat less by putting in more!  :-)

1 comment:

  1. Your menu sounds delicious! No leftovers here but I would love to fly out to your place and enjoy!

    Hope your Christmas was the greatest ever, Mandy!

    ReplyDelete