Monday, July 18, 2011

What's Cookin' This Week (July 18-24, 2011)?

Another busy weekend has gone by.  It was filled with rain, rain, rain.  The good thing was that I was able to do all my cooking and even a little bit of cleaning too.  

Now I'm in for a crazy week!   There won't be any slowing down for me in these coming days.  So let's get right to the meal plan and I'll brace myself with easy, comfort foods to get me through the workweek..... 




Monday, July 18, 2011 - Red beans and (brown) rice with turkey sausage - Although I have made a wonderful version of this several times in my slow cooker, tomorrow I'm using the canned stuff which is also very amazing and very easy to work with!


Tuesday, July 19, 2011
- Balsamic Chicken wraps with leftover veggie egg rolls from Saturday night's take-out!


Wednesday, July 20, 2011
- Grilled Ham and Cheese Sandwiches with baked chips and dip


Thursday, July 21, 2011
- Crust-less Sausage and spinach quiche


Friday, July 22, 2011
- Sneaky, Upside Down (Healthy) Pizza with a side salad 


Saturday, July 23, 2011
- For Breakfast: Hash brown and Egg Bake - I'm going to add spinach and maybe some cauliflower to this.  If I can get my veggies in early, I'm happy! 
For Dinner: Smoked Sausage and Peppers to be served on grilled buns



Sunday, July 24, 2011
- For breakfast: Eat Out.  I have a coupon for Denny's!
For Dinner:  Homemade Tacos, with re-fried beans. - I like to sneak in broccoli and/or carrots with my meat! 



I probably won't make much time during the week to make any new desserts but I really hope to get to these this weekend:
 
1.  Carrot Cake Cookies!   Remember how I pureed ten cups of carrots two weeks ago?  Well, what a great way to use them up!  I stumbled upon this recipe and it just looked so super amazingly delicious! 

2. Jam-Filled Peanut Butter and Banana Muffins - I have a soft spot for muffins.  My daughter and I eat them at least twice a week.  This one looked good and similar to one I already make minus the jelly.  I look forward to trying this one out! 


That's it for now!   More tips and great recipes coming soon!  What's cookin' in your kitchen this week?

2 comments:

  1. I made red velvet brownies with buttercream icing last night! SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I made some of the carrot cake cookies before. They are so good! I can't keep them in the house though. I gave them away to my family and friends! :)

    ReplyDelete