Sunday, July 10, 2011

What's Cookin' This Week (July 11 - 17, 2011)?

I did so much cooking this weekend that I'm (hopefully) taking it easy for this work week!  I shared a lot of what I did in my last post.  I completed the prepwork for three meals on Saturday and Sunday.  Therefore, I don't have to do that much in the coming days. I posted some tips, information and new photos on my Facebook page.  Are you a fan of Learn, Laugh, Cook on Facebook?  If not, you should be!  :-)


Anyway, we're planning to use the outdoor grill a few times this week.  I'm excited and looking forward to it.  We just put up an outdoor party tent/ canopy.  Also, we're in the process of putting up a swimming pool too.  So we'll be spending a lot more time outside in the coming weeks and months!  :-)






Here's what I have lined up for the coming days....


Monday, July 11 - Crockpot Jambalaya with a side salad and bread.  (I made this over the weekend so all I have to do is warm it up when I get home from work!)


Tuesday, July 12 - Grilled stuffed chicken breasts with goat cheese and sun dried tomatoes, grilled potatoes and side salad.  (This is a recipe in my husband's new grillmaster cookbook.  If it turns out as yummy as it sounds, I'll be sharing that meal here soon!)


Wednesday, July 13 - - Fiesta Style Shepherd's Pie with a side salad.  (I prepared this on Saturday and it's in my fridge so I just need to nuke it for dinner.  This time I added in some salsa to it, giving it an even better Mexican flavor, mmmm, yummy!) 


Thursday, July 14- Grilled roast beef and cheese sandwiches.  Eat with baked chips and salsa.  (Don't underestimate the power of just eating coldcuts one night per week.  Throw it on the grill and it's just so dang tasty, you think you're eating at Quizno's or Firehouse Subs!)


Friday, July 15 - Grilled hot dogs and a side of barbecue baked beans. (My husband is going to try a new way to grill the dawgs! :-)


Saturday, July 16 - For Breakfast - Carrot pancakes which I've already made.  So I'll just have to take it from the freezer and microwave them; serve with turkey-bacon. 
For dinner - I think we'll just eat out, grabbing takeout sushi or Greek style pizza.


 Sunday, July 17 -  For Breakfast - Cheezy Grits and Egg Casserole.   
For a late lunch/early dinner - We'll enjoy an array of Barbecued and Smoked Foods Feast - chicken, sausage, peppers, corn, cauliflower fritters and more!   We'll be trying out recipes from my husband's new grillmaster cookbook!








Here are a few snacks, breads, desserts and/or other things I intend to make this week as well:



1. Crockpot Apple Coffee Cake - My boss loves apples so I want to try out this recipe and bring it to work!


2. Briony's Cantaloupe Bread - Since I found a good deal on melons this weekend, I want to recreate this delicious bread I've had at my friend's house!



3. Healthy and Low Calorie Oatmeal Raisin Cookies - I know the "healthy" word is a turn-off for some but I really want to try these out and see if they're any good.  My husband loves this kind of cookies but most recipes call for two sticks of butter and I just can't bring myself to use that!! 


That's it.  It's going to be a delicious week in my home.  Have a great week everyone!  I hope you'll be cookin' or eatin' up something good!  

No comments:

Post a Comment