Sunday, January 9, 2011

What's Cookin' This Week (Jan 10 - 16, 2011)?




Last week was a great one with my meal planning.  I hope to be happy with what's in store for the coming days as well.  I'm going to keep it flexible though because Kirk's mom is planning to visit us; therefore, we may eat out or enjoy a meal from the freezer if we're running around and playing tourist a lot.  Here is what I have lined up:



Monday, Jan. 10 - Pasta Bake (I will keep this vegan and just add spinach to it)  and make a homemade bread in my bread machine


Tuesday, Jan. 11 - Lemon Chicken from Jessica Seinfeld's Double Delicious! cookbook and a side of brown rice pilaf with broccoli
Note: I just purchased her sequel cookbook and I'm so excited to try her new recipes!   If my family enjoys this, then I will post the recipe next week.


Wednesday, Jan. 12 - Leftovers


Thursday, Jan. 13 - Nacho Mama Mac and Cheese
Note: I plan to sneak in some pureed veggies in this one, probably broccoli and carrots!


Friday, Jan. 14 - Eat from freezer - Meat and Veggie Chili


Saturday, Jan. 15
- Eat out, probably sushi


Sunday, Jan. 16 - Barbecue steaks and sausage for Kirk's mom visiting us, side salad, sweet potato fries with this new chip dip I found.



--------------------------------



Here are the snacks and desserts I hope to try for the week:

King Cake in honor of Mardi Gras coming up!

Super Foods Chocolate Bark

Orange Cranberry Muffins from my cookbook


What's on your meal plan this week?  Anything good that you're looking forward to making? 

This week I have a fancy-schmancy (but easy) complete dinner in store for you, a funny poem about eggs and a great on-the-go snack too. Stay tuned for great upcoming posts!

4 comments:

  1. Yum! Sounds like a yummy week for y'all. I really need to update that picture to the baked ziti. It looks pretty horrendous! :) But it tastes so good. We're going to get that ice storm tonight and tomorrow so we'll probably make soup or something warming...I'm always changing up the plan, but as long as I have something to fall back on, I feel so much better! Have a great week and try not to get too wet with the rain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it wrong that I got most excited about the sushi outing and am now trying to find a way to convince J to take me out for sushi this week!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mandy, you're motivating me to start meal planning. I made a great turkey scallopini milanese the other day. I'm planning on finding some great recipes from your book for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you enjoy the Nacho Mama's Mac and Cheese and just a little word of warning...don't use the taco seasoning from Trader Joe's...Yikes! It is so spicy it ruined my last batch of it. I can't wait to hear how sneaking in the vegetables goes.

    ReplyDelete